View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 04:13 PM

Well I'm pretty sure that I am going take the plunge. I sceduled an appointment to see Dr. Gaines (my surgeon) next Tuesday to discuss ADR and pain management because my pain medications give me little relief. Although he does not perform ADRs, I'm hoping he might know some surgeons who have experience doing the surgeries. Some of you mentioned a "discogram". I am not familiar with that. Could someone explain what it is, how it is performed, if it is neccessary to have for the ADR, and if I can request to have one? By the way, have any of you found pain meds that are helpful? Right now I am taking Vicoprofen 7.5/200, Neurontin 300mg 3 times daily, Soma, and Ambein CR to sleep. I only get very minimal relief.

Oh yea, I can't remember if I asked about this previously, does anyone have any suggestions on a bed? I have a select comfort, which was the most comfortable bed in the world before my surgeries. Now, I wake up all night long (even while taking Abien) with incredible pain, to the point of crying my eyes out. I asked my work comp nurse about what I could do, but her response was, "What do you want me to do about it?" Wow, that made me feel so much better. She must have just completed sympathy/empathy 101 class. Yea right! If only they could walk in our shoes for a day or so. No, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Well, maybe....no, no no, that would be evil

Thanks so much
*Curr