View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 PM

Well, I sent the flunkies at Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield my first level appeal today. All 97 pages of it! They wanted documentation and I gave it to them. Everything from peer reviews to a paper I found showing 7-11 year follow up results for those who had ADR surgery. I already know that they will deny it. I was told that by the nurse there handling my appeal when I called to find out the appeals process. I was nice, I didn't tell her where she could stick the denial.

Hopefully I'll be hearing something in about 17 calendar days which includes the time it takes the package to get to Albany. My employer & their insurance broker are helping me to fight BC/BS to get them to pay for the surgery. I'm keeping all fingers & toes crossed that they will rule in my favor! I'll be in touch!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09