View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:40 PM

Default Need Opinions: Stem Cells vs. ADR

Hi, I am a new member and struggling with my decisions. I have had back issues for 3 years - diagnosed DDD L4/L5, L5/S1. After a car accident in Dec, I was in a downward spiral. In May, I was in bed 16 hours each day , absolutely no physical activity. I had stem cells with Dr. Centeno in Colorado in June and scheduled a 2 level ADR in Barcelona on July 17. I have already paid for the ADR, booked tickets and hotel.

My wonderful issue is that 3 days ago, I started feeling relief from the stem cells that were injected in June. For the last 3 days, I have not been walking like a 90 year old gunslinger - I look "normal". I have not taken a single drug in 3 days. Dr. Centeno wants me to have 3 treatments and I have only had one.

The stem cells are in my back, hips and SI - not in my discs so the discs never repair - only the surrounding tissue, muscle, joints. I do not feel full relief. I have pain, but it could be manageable. My problem is that I am so mentally fatigued. Three years of fighting - leaves me with wanting a more permanent and pain-free solution even if it means the ADR surgery.

Has anyone been to Dr. C? Anyone have the 3 treatments? Any thoughts from the ADR community that has already gone to the other side? All opinions are welcome.

2010 Disc Herniations at L4/L5 and L5/S1 (13mm)
Natural Recovery with PT, Chiro, Pilates, Inversion
12/12 Head on Car Accident
2/13 DDD at L4/L5 and L5/S1 - Rapidly deteriorating
6/13 Stem Cells at Centeno in Colorado
7/17 Schedule for 2 level ADR with Clavel