View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Liz,
Thank you so much once again for the additional information. I did begin some research yesterday regarding the FMLA, and will also be checking out the sites you included in your post.

I do have a disability policy through my employer which would be of some assistance if I am forced to use the FMLA. I believe that my best course of action is to put a proposal in writing to my employer regarding the possibility of working remotely at home. Most of my job requirements are performed via telephone and computer. I know that there would be some sort of pay-cut which I would have to endure as I am also a Department Supervisor and couldn't perform those duties very well from a distance.

While awaiting the scheduling of this MRI, attempting to find some resolution to my pain with Dr. Yue, and researching the possibilities of seeing yet another surgeon I am going to begin trying to come up with a plan which will allow me to maintain at least a level of income to support my family.

Thank you once again - Jeff
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....