View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:06 PM

Angry Getting near the end of the rope!!!

Okay, so I have to wait the almost 4 months to see a surgeon who I am supposedly already a patient of (i.e. not a new patient). I get in a car crash while waiting, doubling my back pain. I finally see his royal highness, only to be told that we need to schedule another MRI - no surprise as even I understand that he needs to see what issue(s) I may currently have. For a myriad of reasons it takes over 4 weeks to finally get the darn MRI (yesterday). Now my wife gets a call from the surgeon's office to schedule the appointment I've been so desperately waiting to have. Today is Friday, April 24th, my appointment has been scheduled for JUNE 15TH!!!!

Now I'll take a deep breath ........... ah, that's a little better. I have a somewhat larger concern. Please don't tell my employer, but I just plain cannot do my job anymore due to my back issues. I am struggling along, and doing what I can. I am scared to death about the uncharted waters which I may soon be entering into - unemployment. Can anyone direct me to anyone, any website, any organization, etc that may assist me in what I am supposed to do if and when I can't provide the income and benefits (medical, 401k, etc) for my family???????

The FMLA details I found do not sound very promising. I have never had to even think about this stuff before. I do not know where to find the resources to get up to speed on this. I am not ashamed to admit that we currently live paycheck-to-paycheck as it is! Perhaps those here are the only ones who can understand the additional weight that this worry brings.

Absolutely any advise would be greatly appreciated. I really do not know what to do or who to turn to. Should I find a way to hire an attorney? I simply do not know....

Jeff
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....