View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Default Bad situation

Only a quick post as I can't offer any practical help on what to do being from the uk. Just to say that you aren't alone in your situation. I have been dismissed and have an appeal against this dismissal as my employers did not seek medical advice before taking action. My union is representing me. I have been waiting for surgery since the end of January, had a surgery date of yesterday which got cancelled at 4pm the day before as the surgeon had an "emergency" come in. I've now got to wait another two weeks to go in again. I have one daughter who I am just finishing putting through college and another about to go. I was funding this from my wages which have just stopped.

Its all just so frustrating and the feeling of powerlessness is not one that I am used to. You've just got to stick in there and do the best you can and if its all getting too much then shout out and tell someone. PM if you need to, I spend hours on the computer as it one the few things I can do that doesn't cause more pain. Thinking of you.

alison x
2007 L5/S1 Facet deterioration, Loss of disc height.
2002 March - ADR Charite - L4/5, L5/S1
2000 Broadbased disc prolapses L4/5, L5/S1