View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 07:14 AM

He's the one in Germany that uses the Pro-disc, right? I'm not wild about the Pro-Disc still, but that's the least of my issues: there's no way I can pay for a surgery out of pocket. I'm a PhD student, an indentured servant basically: I make 13k or so a year, and since I'm behind on finishing because of my protracted recovery, I might not have ANY job or health insurance in the spring. On that tiny salary, all of my money has already gone towards all these medical procedures. I don't even have the money to fly to Germany, let alone pay for a 50-100k medical procedure out of pocket. That's the sad thing I realized last night after doing some digging about Dr. Light: same problem. In the end, I'll probably lose my insurance fight, and his fees are 70K and up. There's no way I can pay that. Once again, I'm screwed

For just a minute, I was so hopeful.

I guess......what else is left?
C5/6 Disc extrusion with cord compression, bone spurs due to uncovertebral arthropathy, right foraminal stenosis and bilateral nerve compression.
C6/7 disc protrusion

Lost appeals for ADR. C5-6 ACDF on 3/10/16
ACDF never fused, and ACDF accelerated damage of the other levels. Someone please kill me.