View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinSong View Post
He's the one in Germany that uses the Pro-disc, right? I'm not wild about the Pro-Disc still, but that's the least of my issues: there's no way I can pay for a surgery out of pocket. I'm a PhD student, an indentured servant basically: I make 13k or so a year, and since I'm behind on finishing because of my protracted recovery, I might not have ANY job or health insurance in the spring. On that tiny salary, all of my money has already gone towards all these medical procedures. I don't even have the money to fly to Germany, let alone pay for a 50-100k medical procedure out of pocket. That's the sad thing I realized last night after doing some digging about Dr. Light: same problem. In the end, I'll probably lose my insurance fight, and his fees are 70K and up. There's no way I can pay that. Once again, I'm screwed

For just a minute, I was so hopeful.

I guess......what else is left?
Don't get into projection......we all rolled up into the fetal position for a few days and then started walking through the minefield as you will do too with the help of others who've lived and had to negotiate the same issues. It's #$@% scary......do doubt but you will get your life back. You may have to delay parts of your life.....BUT you will get your life back and your piece of mind. Family, friends and loans are the way we all did it and then went back into our lives 100X more productive, happy and hopeful than we had been for years....

There's not a helluva lot wrong with the ProDisc and Bertagnoli has been doing this gig for a very long time and takes on very difficult cases so keep an open mind, send your information to Clavel as well as he also has a very good reputation. There are others in the USA but I would not know or care to even try to know them with the astronomical costs and profit only driven philosophy.