View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
One thought: were you in flexion or extension when your back flared? Even when Laura was regularly fighting the facet pain little changes helped like being hunched forward on her handlebars when riding a bike. If you weren't loading the facets, it sounds more like really pissed off and spasmy muscles. Have you thought about a short-term pulse of antispasmodic or muscle relaxant as a diagnostic?
It was more or less flexion in 10 minute intervals for about an hour. I was crouched on the ground and bent over during the assembly. The should have been no extension at all. The problem becomes now whether the issue is pressure on the disc or distraction of my arthritic and possibly hypermobile facets post-ADR. This is especially true at the L5-S1 level on the left.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "muscle relaxant" in reality. This entire class of medications all work mostly at the CNS level as global depressants. I'm not sure it would answer the question anyway as muscles often become irritable as a consequence of underlying injured joint tissue, IMO.
Pain worsened 12/08
Discogram 03/09 with no pain at L5/S1, concordant pain at L4/5, severe but not usual pain at L3/4
ADR with aMav discs L4/5 and L5/S1 02/10
Recurrent pain 05/10
Current plan to try pilates