View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 AM

Cool

Henry,

Take a deep breath and calm your mind as best you can. You have made a very self educated decision to get better and it will take time. It took many years of agony to get where you are now so try to give yourself the time feel better. It is going to take time to feel great. Seek comfort in your choice as well. Docs Here wanted to do L5-S1 on me and Poo Pooed L3-4. The wind up was Clavel did L3-5 and left L5-S1 alone due to it being almost fused already and guess what there is no pain anymore. I get the conflicting opinion stuff and am glad Zeeger's is addressing the Coccyx.

For me I am so very thankful that I made the choices I did. 9 weeks out from double lumbar L3-5 and 7 months out from double Cervical. I would do both all again in a heartbeat! I won't say I was not nervous the first one. The Lumbar I really had no reservations at all. What I am trying to say is the unknown is what plays with your head. Believe it, work at it and let your mind at ease and you will see it. Staying positive is hard but do your best.....

You WILL do well and feel alot better! Let that part of your life (or lack of ) go. Go into the surgery with the clearest mind possible and try to quell the feelings of fear angst and I will 3RD Jeffs post.

Hang in there brother and we will be praying for you!

Frank

PS edited. Dont be surprised or hesitant if he wants to fuse L5-S1 They (the Euros) have been looking at this much closer depending on sacral slope. Not trying to give you doubt but be prepared and maybe ask.
Cervical herniation symptoms 2011
C5-7 M6C by Dr Clavel on June 5 2013
L3-5 M6L by Dr. Clavel on 12.18.13
Living life instead of living the condition