View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 08:01 PM

Kim,
Just fyi,
I had a cervical hybrid (ADR and fusion) 12 weeks ago at Texas Back. I am doing well. I used a different surgeon, but I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Guyer. I hear he has a great bedside manner, and he is also old tech and new tech both, giving you great options.
Zelma too is great to work with. Don't worry about calling her too much. They are so busy! You can email her too, and I found that that was the best way to make sure she got back to me.
Best of luck.
P.S. I asked about 2 level ADR and they could have done it, I just would have had to pay for the second level b/c insurance wouldn't (and fda doesn't approve). Just make sure you are ok with two level prodisc. Ask a lot of questions and do your research. Look forward to hearing what you two decide to do.
D'Ann
C6-7 disc moderately to markedly narrowed, mild retrolisthesis of c6 on c7 producing effacement of the thecal sac but no cord impingement, mild narrowing of left neural foramen;
c5-6 disc moderately narrowed, anterior and posterior disc bulge with mild anterior cord impingement;
c4-5 disc intact and normal height, potential posterior annular fissure.
Cervical hybrid surgery in Texas April 12, 2011, fusion at C6/7, Prodisc C at C5/6