View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 02:35 AM

Default Thanks LauraB

The cost data is very helpful and critical for folks on a budget. Its funny when a doctor becomes fameous how they raise their fees significantly. When Dr. Zeeger was practicing in Croatia the fees were about half of what the Doc's in Germany charged. And yes $47,000 is a big Ouch for me a 2 level, which might be a little less than your 3.

Now that there are so many using the M6 disc its hard to know if you could travel else where and get the same quality of work for less $$$.

I've got to do something because nothing short of overdosing on anti-inflamatories and cold paks is the only way I can control my pain. Not one pain med did anything for my radiculopathy.

Best wishes and I'm interested in what you decide to have done and by who and where your surgery is done.

Thanks again for sharing.
Don

"In comparing cost between Dr. Bertagnoli (Germany) and Dr. Zigler (Texas), they were similar. Dr. B charges 28,008 euros (about 36,000 US) and Dr. Zigler quote was $34,950. Both quotes are surgical only quotes and do not include travel/hotel, however Dr. B.'s quote included a single hospital room and arrangement for my husband to stay with me (meals included) during my inpatient stay. Dr. Bertagnoli was also concerned that I have a suspicious level above (C3/4) that may also need attention and quoted 36,508 EU for a 3 level (about $47,000 US - ouch!)."