View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 06:55 AM

Wow thank you for such a wonderful response. To add a bit more about my original post. My husband, my mother and myself have all done a lot of online research and asking around to come to the conclusion that fusion is not right for me. I will not lie I am terrified of any back surgery, fusion or ADR, but I also know how I function and feel day to day and know that something needs to be done.
I have heard of the 40yr lifespan which I did express my concern about to the doctor. I have seen more than one doctor over this as well... one thinks long term physical therapy is the way to manage it, another thinks possibly fusion and another thinks ADR. So the doctors I have seen are not pushing me in any particular direction because they all have differing opinions.

I appreciated your input.
~Hollyn

Oh my name comes from no where in particular. My parents liked the sound of Holland then thought it too harsh so softened it to Hollyn. I hated having a unique name as a child, now I love it because it is unique. Although I do have to correct people a lot on how to say it or spell it.
L5-S1 DDD and herniation
Physical Therapy for 2 yrs, 2 epidural injections, 1 facet injection, discogram on 9/20/07 confirms 2 level ADR needed.
I wear a back brace and use a NMES/TENS unit in addition to taki