View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:20 PM

Default PEEK non-union, need revision

Good day all,

I am the black hole of failed ACDF on two levels (of three). After having a CT spect done, I have met with two excellent Los Angeles surgeons, Robert Bray, and Alexandre Rasouli both telling me the best option if possible are two-level ADR, second best is one level ADR and one level fused again with allograft replacing the failed PEEK. One Dr. using an interbody fusion device like a zero-p and the other fusing in the normal fashion. Both basically telling me that the PEEK has failed and needs to come out. Rasouli wants to use a Prestige LP, and Bray was not so descriptive as to his product of choice for ADR.

In the little research that I could find, things look like there is a decent chance that all will come out ok, My main concern is the "Swiss Cheese" effect of having too many screws in the vertebrae. That is what is keeping me up at night.

Does anyone have experience with going from ACDF to ADR and "Swiss Cheese" effect? I have looked extensively and can find next to nothing on either.
1/19 CT SPECT showing non-union C6-7
minimum union C5-6