View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 PM

I don't think I will be able to attach the files. Here is a summary.

The doctor writes: Cervical spine--demonstrates multi-level cervical disk disease and cervical spondylosis and stenosis at C3-4, 4-5, 4-6, and 6-7. Most severe at C5-6 and C6-7. She does have some severe stenosis, but I do not detect any overt signal change within the spinal cord itself.

Radiologist: c3-4 disc herniation with obliteration of ventral subarachnoid space. Uncovertebral joinnt osteophytes result in mild bilateral foraminal stenosis.

c4-5 moderate degenerative dic disease with broad-based disc bulge. Disc material abuts the ventral cord substance with mild flattening. Thre is uncovertebral joint osteophyte formation with mild foraminal stenosis.

c5-6 marked degenerative disc disease with a rather large broad-based disc herniation. There is mass effect and mild flattening of the cervical spinal cord at this level. There is obliteration of CSF signa. about the cord substance. There is associated bilateral foraminal stenosis.

c6-7 Degenerative disc disease with broad-based disc herniation and obliteration of the ventral subarachnoid space. Posterior element hypertrophy is also present. There is obliteration of CSF signal ventral and dorsal to the cervical spinal cord at this level. There is bilateral foraminal stenosis as well.

Sorry this is so long. Maybe I will write later on the lumbar. I am depressed and don't know what to do. I trust this doctor, but feel I should have a second opinion. I need at doctor in Tulsa, OK.