View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 AM

Before both my surgeries I was in severe shape, completely incapacitated with pain and before my last surgery was also passing out. Had to stop driving and laid on the sofa or was asleep at night in bed about 97% of the time. However, you have severe central canal stenosis (this means the spinal canal has narrowed to a severe degree) and this is nothing to mess around with. Mine was moderate, at worst. Your husband is right - unfortunately, you need to have surgery before some permanent damage is done. Peoples' pain varies to a considerable degree before they have surgery - I even know of one man who needed a 4 level ADR surgery and it was an emergency because he was 2 weeks away from being a quadripalegic due to spinal cord flattening and atrophy and he didn't even have any pain. Just depends on what is being compressed, etc. Sorry to hear about your husband's nerve damage, too.
Onset of severe fibromyalgia in 6/95, undiagnosed for 2 years while lived in UK
About 1998 o