View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 AM

Default kaiser two level

Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to go overseas for a two level surgery becuase FDA has only approved one level. Last year my Nuerosurgeon with kaiser told me that he could do ADR surgery on me but he wanted to wait for the Bryan disc which he thought would be out by Jan 08 "not". So when the Prodisc-c came out I asked him to look at it. In July he called me and said he couldn't do the surgery, after pressing him he said that he didn't like the design and he was sending me to oakland to see another Kaiser doctor about ADR. That Doctor told me that Kaiser would not do more than a single level ADR and that they wouldn't even do a fusion at one level and the ADR at the other becuase that wasn't part of the FDA study. I think that the first doctor was squashed by Kaiser becuase he told me that he would go off label and do a two level ADR. I went back to see him and he just tried to talk me into doing a two level fusion saying that when the adjacent levels go bad we can do ADR then becuase it should be approved by then. Ya right!
That's when I decided to start looking for other options and it looks like the only option that I may be able to do is going over seas. still alot of money for me 30k. Of course I wish there was a way to make them pay and if anyone knows a way please let me know

fell off a ladder in 05
C5,6 6,7 DDD buldging disc all of the test including discogram lots of pain and 2 many drugs