View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:29 AM

I have been partial to MBT's which have allowed me to not have to use orthotics as I had done for many years. MBT stands for Masai Barefoot Technology and is a concept that is engineered to have your foot roll in to a step like a Masai Tribal Person walking in the sand. What this does is take away the impact that is placed on the lower spine with walking. The "roll part" of the shoe is cushioned causing your foot to roll in to the step like walking in sand and it eliminates the impact on the spine. I researched the shoe for a good year before I broke down and bought a pair. They are expensive. I now have two pairs and I walk with the almost exclusively. You do not put your orthotic in to the shoes as it defeats the purpose of the shoe. You can buy these at several different places though I can recommend a place to find them. They look a little odd from the sides but look normal when looking at them from the front. I absolutely love mine and swear by the benefits. Play the video from the link I am providing and it will explain all:

http://www.walkerswarehouse.com/mbt-...bt-shoes-dvd=1

Happy walking.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5