View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 AM

Mark and Maria
Thanks for the response, the leg pain is 25-30% of the total pain which is 5o% of the time and the discogenic pain is always a 100% 95% of the time, if this makes sense. With the new discectomies technology do you think this would make a significant change for the worse or probably not change much of the discogenic pain, I understand the leg pain will be gone (yay)but it sounds like the consensus is 50/50 that the procedure will get worse. One of my concerns is that I HATE taking pain pills, to get thru the working day and just like everyone else I started with vicodin, then percocet and now oxycodone (which only help tempoarary), where does this stop? I just feel I should try something! But am afraid of the shared stories.. I guess this is enough venting... Thanks for listening..
----------------------------------------------
L3-L4 Moderate disc degeneration-A posterior fissure is present. A 4 mm central disc protrusion is noted. Mild hypertrophy of the facet joints. Mild spinal stenosis present,

L4-L5 Severe disc degeneration-A posterior fissure is present. Right paracentral posterior measuring 5 mm. Moderate hypertrophy of the facet joints. Mild spinal stenosis present.

L5-S1 Mild disc degeneration-A right posterolateral fissure is present. Mild 2 mm posterior disc bulge.