View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 AM

I don't know... I am pre ADR too and my PT had me on the eliptical at a very moderate speed so I could control my posture...but still the rotating motion of my hips during this irritated by back. She told me to stop walking because I my radiating pain increased after walking. The PT said its the pounding/jarring of the feet during walking that could be aggravating my back. She put me on the eliptical to avoid the pounding and I know it's much easier on the back than those huge stair steppers.

You might want to try the eliptical instead and if you still have pain like me...try swimming.

I stick to modified swimming using only arms and then only legs with a kickboard. With the kickboard...I don't hold it the traditional way because everyone says that's horrible for the back. Instead I put my chest on top of the kickboard with my arms curled around it from underneath..it forces you to pike your legs down keeping your back in a better position. Still gets you a leg work out just moving a little slow.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop