View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM

My reports say that there is moderate hypertrophy of the ligamenta flava and facet joints at L4/5 and L5/S1. I don't know how bad they have to be before they are 'bad'

I just found out that an old friend of my husband is on staff at a nearby hospital out there, so we are going to check with him re: reputation of this fellow. What luck! Nothing is going to happen soon, like tomorrow. Because I postponed my appointment for December, I now will have to wait till February before I can get another appointment, and that will be for a consult, not surgery yet. I'm really kicking myself now, but I didn't have all the details at the time. I wish I had kept the consult appointment...but maybe everything happens for a reason.

Kbear, I get what you are saying about experience not being everything. It is tough when I thought my road was all planned out...all I had to do was slay the insurance dragons and be gone , and now I have to make an actual decision! Arg!

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.