View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 10:19 AM

Thanks you guys. Well, the injection into the hip joint was dead on. I practically jumped off the table, I felt so good. I felt 100 % good! I had precisely 8 hours to enjoy feeling so good, from what the radiologist told me. I checked out of the hotel, and drove home like a bat out of hell, to maximize my "feel good" time. Like Christmas shopping, anyone? I had a spring in my step. After about 4-5 hours, I could feel the pain coming back, and by 6 hours all the good was over. Now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for the steroid to kick in. I talked to the Mayo doc over the phone yesterday, to ask him what do I do in the mean time, waiting for more relief, but he said he does not prescribe pain medication until after surgery. He recommended I see my primary. I called my primary yesterday, and thank God, they had a cancellation, and I had an appt. within the hour. Even tho this is a new primary, with my other one up and leaving the practice, I believe she could see my pain levels. In any event, she had mercy on me and wrote a script of Percocet which should help buffer the pain, and be able to enjoy the Holiday with family. And I am very thankful for that. It's snowing like the dickens out here right now, and I'm getting ready to do my volunteer activity that The Audabon Society has been practicing for over 100 years (my first), and participate in the CBC (Christmas Bird Count) around local parks and lakes in my area. I've got my binoculars and am ready to spot and count.

My health insurance does cover Mayo as a participating provider. The best thing about Mayo is, like Terry said, they are problem solvers. They run like a slick machine, and have such incredible continuity of care while you are there.

Better scoot. Snow is piling up.

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays everyone, and thank you one and all for your continuing support.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!