View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Very interesting Sandra. I have not heard of that approach, but thank-you for the information and I will certainly ask my doctor down at Mayo about it.

I pick up my Mom at the airport this morning for the holiday. Am just very grateful to have some pain medication to ease me through the time.

Terry, welcome back to Minnesooooooooota!! You were here presumably for the nice snow storm we had all day yesterday. Wasn't it cool?! We saw 22 different varieties of birds for The Christmas Bird Count. I had such a good time. Thank goodness I had pain medication to enjoy the event. These guys are way beyond my "birding" levels but I was so impressed. I know alot of birds, however, these guys know them by "sound" or "call" if you will. That's my goal. I think the most fun to see were the 6 (all in different places) red tailed hawks. They were just perched high in the trees, snow blowing against their white bellies, so blended into their habitat. Very cool. I was exhausted when I got home, but well worth the tiredness.

Merry Christmas Terry, Justin, Rich, and Happy Holidays to everyone!
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!