View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:16 PM

Default WOW!!! Does this mean I'm officially Bionic???

Hello Everyone...

My ADR procedure (single level L4/5) was done on August 15th and I was discharged 4 days later. I wasnt sure what to expect from a pain prospective, but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. I am a Disabled Veteran (my back is a service-connected injury) and my private insurance denied the procedure, BUT I was able to get the Veterans Administration FEE BASIS to pay for my private surgeon to do the procedure. VA will only pay for single level based on FDA approval and for procedures done stateside. They will pay for it to be done overseas.

So far I feel somewhat better and the pain I have seems to be more surgical pain. I was up and walking the same day as my procedure. They had Physical Therapy come down to meet with me twice a day while I was in the hospital. Since leaving the hospital I've been taking it easy and each hour standing up and walking around my house for 5-10 minutes. The surgical entry point is annoying as hell, but I am glad that they didn't go in thru my back.

I'll be two weeks post surgery tomorrow, but so far so good and I am glad that I had the procedure.