View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 AM

Hi Grover,

Lillith is absolutely right, it will shut things down. But, your body will also get used to it after a bit. For that reason, if you’re looking for something to reduce pain until surgery, I would start asap on at least the 12.5 so that your body gets used to it and that side effect is long gone by surgery time. That probably wouldn't be fun with a nice new incision. I’m a bit of an elephant when it comes to medicine, but for me, no loopiness at all. No “euphoria”. That said, I’m pretty sure I’m far from normal, so please take it slow. All it really did was dull the pain, just like you said about the vicodin, but it took me from standing for 30 secs to 3 minutes to more like 3-5 minutes, which is actually a lot more significant than someone might think when it comes to doing things.

Also, most of the scary stories you’ve probably read were based on the “pouch” type. At this point, I think most of the pharmaceutical companies that have a generic version are in the process of, or have finished, switching over to the dot matrix style, which is flat vs. having a “pouch” of medicine. The scary OD stories are mostly about the pouch breaking and releasing the medicine too quickly, so ask your pharmacist for the dot matrix type. Interstingly, I like the Sandoz brand and ask for it specifically because Mylan doesn't work for me at all and also doesn't stick on me very well, but my pharmacist says everyone else does the opposite and asks for Mylan and thinks it works better, so different strokes.

Good luck and take care.