View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:35 AM

Jerry: Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I've been getting my business in order for my trip. Yes, to answer your question. I'm leaving Monday 9/2 for Germany for surgery with Dr. Bierstedt on 9/9. I'm having two level ADR (M6) for C4/5 and C6/7 with a possible C3/4 - only if necessary. My cost came to 28,000 euro with an additional 3,000 euro if the 3rd level is needed. It took about a week for Dr. B. to get back with me. I sent him my MRIs and Dynamic X-Rays - along with the diagnostic report in a zip file through "dropbox." Although they have had trouble receiving in the past, for some reason it went through for me. I had originally made plans for surgery elsewhere, but after hearing from Dr. Bierstedt, his team, and the overwhelming positive responses from this forum - I'm confident that I made the right choice! I don't like discograms (in fact, I've been reading that as a diagnostic tool, it really doesn't produce the best results and can certainly cause damage to the tested level). I would only do it if absolutely necessary, but once you have heard back from Dr. Bierstedt, he will let you know if any other tests may be necessary. You can certainly PM me if you are still waiting to hear from Dr. B. - I'll assist you if I can. I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling - I certainly hope that you can get some relief very soon. This is not the way we were meant to live.

Kimmers: Thank you for the suggestion. I will try the "emergency" route as well. I'm desperate to recoup some funds back. As most of us have dipped into financials that were not designated for this type of surgery, it would certainly be a blessing to have the insurance reimburse for even a portion of it. I will keep all of you updated as I enter into the brutal battle of the ambiguous insurance dilemma.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6