View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrt8 View Post
I tried that and asked his office to have him call me back.
Of course, they dismissed me and wanted me to pay more money to talk him.
No grudges, but I'm thankful I never went to him!
Clavel is the top nuero in the world, and pettine is just a ortho.
The credentials and resumes don't even do justice when you compare the two!
Sorry to offend you if I did. By no means, was it my intention.
I'm glad you are living your life again :-)
I don't know your story and there are always two sides. I am so happy you are doing better and Dr. Clavel was your surgeon. As far as comparing the two, that is subjective. One is a nuero and the other is an ortho. You had surgery by Clavel and I had surgery by Pettine. We are both doing great and we have our life back. In the end, that is all that matters.

I still don't think it is right to go on a public forum and to trash a surgeon's reputation. When I was searching for my surgeon, I went through 5 before I made my decision. I didn't connect with the other 4 and as soon as I met Dr. Pettine, I knew he was the man. I even connected with several surgeon's in Europe but felt comfortable with Dr. Pettine's skills and got insurance to pay. It was a deal breaker for me and it was the best decision I ever made.

As far as stem cells go, it sounds like after he reviewed your films that stem cells were a great option rather than doing surgery. When he looked at my films, he said I was to progressed and that stem cells were not an option. However, I was a candidate for an IV procedure due to chronic pain. I opted in for the procedure as well as surgery for my cervical and lumbar. The stem cells cured my fibromyalgia and I am not free of chronic pain. Perhaps you are upset because you didn't like his advice. I do know one thing about Dr. Pettine, he would suggest stem cells if he thought you were a good candidate and would not perform surgery if he thought stem cells could heal you. Surgery is the last resort.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy