View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 05:44 PM

Thanks Harrison, and by no means was my intent to ridicule a surgeon. I have been through hell for 5 1/2 years, like the majority of us, and wanted to share my thoughts and experiences with my road to recovery. I lost my life, my job, family, and friends due to 40 plus misdiagnoses from US orthos, chiros, surgeons, etc. Like the majority of people, I'm finding on these forums, I wouldn't let a North American doctor touch me. I understand that many people can't afford to get ADR overseas with Clavel or Bierstedt, but to fuse a disc at any other level than the S1-L5, is criminal with the exception of some cases with patients having other spine deficiencies. Fusion at other levels cause major issues down the road, as it puts compression and strain on your vertebrae, and other levels at your discs. I've done tons of research, and have to talked to tons of people along with the top docs. As throttlejockey and another person who PM'd me stated, you can't go wrong with Clavel, he's the top of the food chain! She quoted, "I wouldn't let a US Doc touch me, and Clavel saved her life after a US surgeon fused her wrong!" I've had PRF, shockwave, stem cell, Prolo, PRP, etc. It's all a scam or a band aid. I'm trying to educate, along with helping others. Clavel saved my life as well! He's the most compassionate, caring, and nicest man on this planet. His staff along with Yolanda is top notch, and it's sad that we live in a 3rd world health care system. The M6 disc is the only way to go, as the ProDisc and Moby-C are awful. Many revisions with those discs, with no nucleus that withstand 1200 lbs of pressure with 360 degrees range of motion. The reason why it's not approved in the US, is because ProDisc sued spinal kinetics, stating they copyrighted their patent. Finally after many years a judge ruled in favor of the M6. However, surgeons here only are doing a one level trial, with no experience of this well oiled disc of a monster. I wouldn't trust a trial either with a North American doctor. Stick to Europe and things will be ok. I, like others, with the M6 disc will never have a revision again. The disc is better than what you're born with. It won't be approved in the US for many years due to ADA and FDA regulations. Then when it does, you still run the huge risk if Clavel or Bierstedt isn't coming over to the states to do them.
1 ADR M6-L at L4-5 (1 10mm)
-Torn disc (fissuring), loss of disc height (mild DDD), approaching thecal sac as well
*Gained 1 1/2- 1 3/4 inches in height due to M6 disc height, and perfect lordosis now