View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 02:49 AM

You could tell that something was screwy on the ethical side of things by watching the advertisements his office would post to youtube. They would feature a woman showing her MRI's and giving a testimony about how Pettine's stem cell injections gave her her life back - and this was put forth as a reason for you to lay down your hard earned cash for a BMC injection into your spine. The problem is that the woman had an entirely different stem cell injection. Her injection was not BMC at all, it might have been using embryonic stem cells. They were essentially misleading the public about what they could expect from a BMC injection.

When I tried to get Pettine to say a few words about the dangers inherent in poking a hole in the disc (which have been documented in the literature), he averred that the ONLY RISK that existed was to my pocket book - that the procedure might not work and I would have effectively wasted my money. An objective view would have been to acknowledge both the risk and the potential for healing. It just didn't sit well with me and I chose not to work his office.

If this turns out to be true, this would be sad since the man is obviously a brilliant and innovative surgeon. I hope things turn around for him, his family and his patients.