View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl0331 View Post
Thank God Spain denied me entry.
Through another member here; I found Dr. Schmitz at Clinic Bel Etage in Dusseldorf Germany.

His skill and experience with revision is amazing! My HO had attached itself to my dura. I had revision surgery on Sept 21st. I had a spinal fluid leak that would not stop on it's own, so on the 25th he had to go back in a seal it
Dr. Schmitz has a special mesh and gel that he uses. He also has an ultrasonic bone scalpel that minimizes milling. He has been interviewed by Jamie Litrun on TDR/ADR Support Group on Facebook. You can find the interview on You Tube. He also is partner in the clinic. It's a private hospital too. He was 5000 euros more than Clavel, but worth every penny.

I received the best care here. I pray you contact tehm!

Their International Patient Coordinator sent me a Letter of Certificate that I carried with me. I also did a Health Declaration Card from the German Border Police website. I took a covid test least than 48 hours prior to departure
Hi Cheryl! I've been following your posts recently and I'm happy to hear you found Dr. Schmitz and got the right procedures done. I was wondering if you could share your knowledge and opinion on my situation.
I had 3 level c4- c7 M6 done in 2016 with Dr Bierstedt. perfect results. great execution, alignment, even the post op care was superb. last month the c4/5 level M6 device core seems from the xray to be failing.
I would like to do the revision with the same Dr., bu ss everyone here has experienced its very trying to communicate with Dr Bierstedt bc there's only one contact point and it can take forever to hear back if at all. I was told in a brief email I need a replacement device or possible cage.
I've been trying to reach the Dr to further discuss all the options but again communication channels are impossible.
So Im considering Dr Schmitz instead.
Is there any advice or knowledge you can share with me about Dr. Schmitz from personal experience?

Also how is his accessibility before and after the procedures when you have questions or concerns?
Thank You