View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Terry,

Thank you for the congrats. There's nothing like taking 4 years to get a 2 year degree. I have had so much go on in the past 4 years, I can't believe I have actually made it through. I think most people would have gone mad. I know I've come pretty close several times!

As for the "God" complex of doctors, I have met a few of them. I absolutely love the OS I had in Westchester. He always took his time with me. Listened to EVERYTHING I had to say. Commended me numerous times on the appeal package that I sent to the NYS Insurance Board (which I still haven't gotten back even though they supported BC/BS & it's been well over a year). But like I said, his office staff can be mean & refuses to submit the pre-certification request to my new insurance. I just don't understand how he can allow that to happen.

The OS that I seen last week is suppose to be the guru of ADR. I read a lot of nice things about him & I guess I just expected so much more from him than I got. I was so upset when I left there, it took me a good 1/2 hour before I could even tell my husband what the doctor told me.

I haven't yet made the appointment with the pain management doctor he referred me to for the ESI. I don't know why I'm stalling. Maybe it's the fear it may work & I was wrong about needing ADR, fear of no pay for taking time off of work, fear of losing my job.

While my 1 employer totally understands, my other employer could really give a rat's "tail". It's so sad when you're afraid to do something about your health due to fear of losing a job.

We'll just have to see what happens. Until then, I'll just keep on keeping on & hang in there.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09