View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Annapurna suggested Doctors Clavel and Bertagnoli as two excellent options.
To be honest, I suggested those two because, if remember correctly, both offer remote diagnosis through film review and phone call/Zoom/whatever. I wouldn't fear to have either work on my back but the remote diagnosis is what I was thinking of for them.

We just had another member on the board have everything ready to go and was about to board the plane to see Clavel for a revision only to have Spain refuse to allow her to enter the country. I was thinking that getting a remote diagnosis might, stress might, allow you to argue with whatever country you need to travel to that you need the surgery and only a world-class surgeon could do it.

The explanation is to head off any arguments over merits of individual surgeons - if you're going overseas, you're going to have to work around COVID travel restrictions. That adds a layer of requirements onto an already complicated task of picking a surgeon who you'd trust.

As for Ritter-Lang - there was a time that anecdotes shared about him were flat-out scary. You can probably find them here or elsewhere online. I've not heard much about him lately so I can't tell if he's cleaned up his act or all of the spine patients that come to this board have chosen to exclude Ritter-Lang based on what's been shared here.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog