View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Unhappy

Jeff, I don't disagree with what you are saying; but I understand the principle of concern. The ugly truth is that millions of Americans don't want healthcare socialized. As the ACA looks now -- I am against it. I don't think we "should pass a bill to see what's in it" as Nancy Pelozi famously said.

And millions of others are against the notion of paying for illegal citizens healthcare as well. This is a very polarizing issue.

I am against it for myriad reasons: it is poorly written, overly complicated, poorly executed, allows bureaucrats to opt out and full of way too many "gotchyas" that are hitting the middle-class (make that: lower middle class, middle class and upper middle class) right in the wallet. This is exactly what America does NOT need now!

For those of you that are doing well, you and your employer may be hit with additional taxes -- so-called Cadillac taxes. Another little surprise...with many more to come. If you have five minutes, see:

Obamacare Q&A: Will my plan skyrocket? How will the unemployed pay?

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...4081.htmlstory

For what it's worth, I do support an efficient, well-executed program, such as the ones in N. Europe, but especially in Taiwan. These governments have political bodies that are more cohesive and arguably more effective in crafting medical policies.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate