View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 01:15 PM

Yup, I usually took Aleve to relieve some of my back pain when it got too much for me to just deal with it. I tend to avoid taking medication unless I really REALLY need to. I was told not to take it after my pre-admission appointment. Luckily, I hadn't had a really really bad pain day in about a week so I'd already stopped taking it. Unfortunately though, the last few days have been kind of painful and knowing I can't take the Aleve to dampen it bugs me, but I'm not about to take it and cause trouble. The last thing I want is to go against orders. That's why the pill thing is a gray area right now. Some doctors go with the instruction of stop them for at least one full cycle (since it's not good to just go off a week and then start up again) but others seem to say it's only a small risk and leave it up to the patient to decide.

Ah well, hopefully since I've been on them for ages, the old symptoms that had me take them in the first place will get confused and stay away.

Thanks again,
~Sara

- Did mild PT, some chiropractics and self regulated pain management since initial sports injury in Spring 1997.
- XRay and Bone Scan Jan/Feb 2007
- PT March to May 2007
- MRI Jan 2008
- Disco positive at L5/S1 Feb 2008
- ADR surgery at L5/S1 on June 23rd 2008 - Prodisc
- Recovery - so far so good!