View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Default Holy Moly

Gosh, we are right on track with each other! Scary. I went on my John's Hopkins Neurosurgery Visit today and he said that he is going to put me in a Miami J neck Collar for 1-2 weeks and see if that eases my pain. If it does, then it is obviously a problem with that same disc C5/C6 (ADR surgery-ProDisc C level). The next step beyond this is to schedule me for a fusion over the ADR disc...going in through the back.

So, I am going to grab that collar tomorrow. He wants me to wear it everday when I am not sleeping. I may even wear it when I am sleeping if it doesn't prohibit my sleep too much.

If I start feeling improvements...it is under the knife again. My Hopkin's Doctor seems very confident and is certainly more experienced then my initial surgeon.

My hopkins Doctor doesn't like these ADR surgeries. He said that I only had one level and that a fusion at the single level of C5/C6 works 99% of the time without mobility issues, etc... He was curious as to why the Fusion was not done originally.

He thinks that my initial, young surgeon got too cute and deviated from what works to "try" the new technology. So hear I am 9 months into an agonizing situation b/c the surgeon wanted a little more moolah and he got a woody relative to utilizing the "newest and greatest" ProDIsc.

They can't take it out, so just fuse over it. Hopefully it works.

I'll keep everyone posted.