View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:38 PM

agree w/ vicki - you don't want to be part of a factory, or deal w/ someone w/ a huge financial incentive to put in a particular device when other possibly superior ones are available. (main surgeon i know of w/ big financial ties is Bertagnoli to Prodisc). as far as i know, Boeree and Clavel use the M6 b/c they like it and have a stream of good outcomes using it. no financial ties, not factories...

some people have had good outcomes at Stenum - but many have had issues reaching ANYONE post-op.

my experience w/ Dr Clavel pre and post op has been better than any with any US physician period - speaking as someone who has to advocate for care by other physicians on behalf of patients. obviously given the distance, it isn't THE SAME as having your doctor there to see you for say, a wound infection (which i have) - but i have had no problems getting into a general surgeon about that. you have to feel comfortable having your post-op care at a distance if you go overseas, period. i am in a different situation than most, being a physician myself (and beyond that, in a specialty that deals w/ just about anything).

many others have great experiences w/ Dr Boeree. Out of the German surgeons, I think Zeegars has the fewest complaints? He uses the Activ-L, which wasn't an option for me.

good luck - it's a tough and very personal decision.
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.