View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Ben,

I'm still awaiting testing, but my research points to 2nd-generation devices like the M6 and Freedom Disc.

Not only are they shock absorbing like a natural disc, they allow movement that more closely resembles natural movement. The Pro Disc, I think, is a ball-and-socket joint, allowing too much movement in all directions, stressing facets and adjacent discs.

The 2nd-generation discs are also one-piece. The photos I've seen of the Pro Disc make it look like it's at least 3 pieces; too difficult for the surgeon (or dare I say engineer) to correctly place in many instances. From what I've read, the pieces of the Pro Disc can also slip out of alignment.

Different devices for different situations, but I will have a ton of questions if a surgeon recommends the Pro Disc to me. Sounds your on the right track!
Plan: Trying to see spine surgeon at charity hospital, further diagnosis. Evaluate for S.I. joint fusion and lumbar and cervical fusions/ADR.