View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Abbe;

Sorry about your insurance woes. Not that this will make you feel better but I got denied by UHC. I had to call to find out if I was denied. Today, I find out from my doctor's office that the reviewing doctor from UHC agrees it is the best procedure for me but since my company is self-insured he cannot override the program. His message told my doctor that he did not need to call back because he was just calling because he was required to do so. My doctor did call him back but I have no idea what was said.

In addition to this my husband's policy has a clause that states they will pay for an unproven procedure if it is less expensive than another approved procedure and that it will not set precedence. His boss is a chicken _____ and will not go against the company so he will not approve the override.

That leaves with a two level fusion or preparing for a trip to Germany. Right now I am leaning towards the fusion because I am tired of dealing with the ugliness of insurance. I need to focus on getting my life back.

Best of luck in finding relief.