View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 03:44 AM

Dean's surgery is Thurs. and we got terrible news today. Dean's sister's husband, who lives on our street, contracted a virus that may take his life within the next 24-48 hours. His name is Gary and he's in his mid-30's. I'm not only in shock, but terrified for my family's health as well, as the hospital has yet to determine just what is attacking his system. He's on life support now at Yale New Haven Hospital, the same hospital where Dean is having his ADR in four days. I can't help but to wonder if we've been exposed to this virus. My two year old and I had vomiting and diarrhea Friday night but seem better now. Our 9 month old did not get sick. I don't know much about this, but Yale did not do the nose swab for MRSA. So far, Dean is not sick with anything (probably because he's been confined to the bedroom in pain for two days.) We thought we had a lot on our plate going into this surgery before, but suddendly things are 100 times more stressful. Any thoughts and prayers for our brother-in-law, his wife and 2 little ones would be so appreciated. We'll keep you posted on how things transpire.
-Kim
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
Prodisc Surgery on 2/22/07 Dr. Yue
Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back