View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 04:15 PM

I will make an appointment for surgery tomorrow and hope to be on the operating table in a few weeks! My surgeon has to fax a letter on why he prefers the Prodisc, just like the letter I already got from my PM. I'll draft the letter myself if it will help get things done quicker.

It is usually the staff that drives me away from doctors/dentists. Unfortunately I need a good Prodisc surgeon so I have to put up with alot of needless BS while I prepare for my surgery. I HATE the telephone runaround game. I do like the fact that I can take the rail right to the World Trade Center then walk 10 minutes to my surgeons office. I don't need to drive which will be GREAT after surgery!

I see another doctor for testosterone replacement therapy. His office just moved to Jersey City (Think Beirut mixed with Baghdad crossed with South Central LA)and he promised me shorter waits, better service, blah blah blah... Well the cliental is scary, I have to get buzzed in off the street after walking through huge unlocked bars, and I have to park where crackheads and hookers don't dare tread.
He never faxes in my preauthorizations for my meds and I go back & forth between the pharmacy and his short tempered staff who keep telling me it's been taken care of when it clearly hasn't! I can't wait until November when I can change insurance. Aetna stinks! All the guys on his staff look like they're on the juice. I think I'm his only "legit" patient.

Enough derailment! 3 Cheers for the Prodisc!
Hip hip hooray!!!
Neck back hooray!!!
Back neck hooray!!!

YAY PRODISC!!!!! YEEHAWWWW!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!NYUK NYUK NYUK WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC