View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Banned

Eddie,
I so feel for you in terms of your WC struggle considering what I've been through since Oct.'05 with the change in CA WC legislation and the rescinding offer to pay for my Prodisc 2 level ADR...

The 2nd opinion surgeon really surprised me with his decision (tho I've yet to see it on paper). After 6 RIDICULOUS UR Denials (non-certifications for treatment), he has reversed the tables I believe.

However, the planned surgery for me is hybrid using fusion at L5S1 and ADR at L5 (Charite by my OSS)... I too want Prodisc.

Can you believe at one time WC authorized a 3 level Global fusion and the hired docs for UR were even denying a fusion for me!!!!!

Well, I truly offer my sympathy and hope that you will get this surgery done with the Prodisc however, perhaps if it's going to mean Charite or nothing, you might want to reconsider...

At this point I cannot remember if you're getting one or 2 levels done so perhaps that statement is useless, just food for thought...

Hang in there, fighting the fight and the run arounds is probably the only way to get anywhere with these ridiculous renderings and hopefully your spine will hang in there with your~ take good care... don't give up! Maria