View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Just keep getting the information. It's hard because these doctors are so busy and you could just schedule a procedure and they'd be happy to get you penciled in, but that's cart before horse. You want answers first. Communication first. You want to know the whys before the whens.

And so each email I fire off to Clavel and Bierstedt, AGAIN, I think I must be driving them nuts but I don't care. This is MY back and MY future and MY life and if I'm a pain in their *** for a little while that's small potatoes compared to a lifetime sentence of a wrong move. And so you have to push and push hard to get your answers, especially if there's a disagreement in each approach. A doc can't just say 'pelvic incidence' and then have you nod your head and go cool, now when can I book an appt.

You want to know what n the hell that means and if you believe the theory behind their magic words.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.