View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Default Reposting this for new member, GD

Default ADR Success and Choosing an EU Doctor

Hi folks,

I'm looking to get multi-level lumbar ADR with motion preserving stabilization. I base that on the "prescription" for multi-level fusion here in the USA. Like me, anyone that's read medical literature of all the failures and adjacent level deterioration of that type of fusion knows it's just not right. You can't fix a tire with concrete and expect it to roll well or last long! Fusion is not an option for me, nor I suspect for many of you as well.

So my recent 2nd bilateral multilevel decompression failed a couple months ago. I know that, because well my life isn't too good right now, and the first one 10 yrs ago did a wonderful job at the time (knew immediately that things were better). While I know what I want to have done (above) per my literature reviews & medical consults, I have no idea how to choose a credible clinic and doctor. I see lots of slick ads, but how to tell them apart? I had an acquaintance that recommended Dr. Veegers and was happy with the multi-leve ADR results, but I believe Dr. Veegers passed away.

I'm interested in everyones testimonial, but let's face it, we're all different although we may share a lot of intense back pain. For me, looking at a wheel chair soon, can't walk upright, every action is pain, and laughable to say, I'm in good health otherwise! Any advice on how to systematically choose the right surgeon in the EU (Germany was main focus because of their experience at this)? Price matters a bit because it's out of pocket and I don't exactly fly with the jet set, but permanent recovery to a reasonably active life is that which matters most for me & my family & friends. How to choose a successful option?

Sorry for the long note, my best to all of you. Our family's can sympathize, but the really can't emphathize because this pain and dysfunction is endemic to each of us.

Best regards & wishing each of you the best results and relief from pain and dysfunction (pain alone, meh, dysfunction is what really sucks).

G D Beckett, Utah

multi-level (ML) lumbar spondylo
ML lumbar DDD
ML lumbar facet hypertrophy & arthritis
ML spinal ligament hypertrophy
ML lumbar stenosis, both stem and main nerves
Other medical words that I can't pronounce or spell (Baastrups??)
Pain, lots of pain and then some more for good measure!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate