View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 04:46 PM

HI Dorothy,

Just to add to CindyLou's comment about moving her surgery, they also moved mine from an 11:00am start to an 8:30 am start time on a Monday. Late on Sunday night Dr. B himself called me in the hospital to say that he was changing my surgery time because he thought I would be nervous and it would be better to go first. I still don't know if I projected nervousness to his staff, or if there was some other reason that I will never understand. Nonetheless I was happy to get it over with. They do offer enough sedatives to take away the nerves. And to Elizabeths point on communication, I found that as the process moved along the communication went quicker. I noticed that my replys usually came on a Monday morning (EST) so it seems they spend late Sunday and early Monday mornings (German time) answering emails.

It really was a great experience, it just seems that they are lacking that International Patient Coordinator Position that they used to have. The things that fell through the cracks were minor in retrospect but when going through it - of course its scary.

I just got back from a six week post op visit with a prominent spine surgeon here and he said the x-rays look excellent!
Feb 2008 Prodisc L4-S1 Dr. B, Straubing Germany - SUCCESS
Now I have cervical pain, heading down the same path