Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Default Mobi-C disc C4-6 replacement surgery 4/27/15

Dear Friends,

This is my first update after a 2 level mobi-c disc replacement surgery this past Monday with Dr. Petinne in Colorado. I really appreciate all of the prayers and kind wishes from all of you.

First of all, I want to apologize because I originally said that we would be doing C5-7, but we ended up deciding that C4-6 would be best. There is damage up and down the cervical spine, so we were just trying to make the best decision we could.

I was approved through United Healthcare for insurance coverage for the surgery. I am not under tri-care and did not have an appeal process. I think this might be incredible news for everyone seeking insurance coverage. As I mentioned before, I have years and years of paperwork documenting the amount of money United Health Care has spent on me trying to address my pain with traditional less invasive therapies. Literally hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on me over the course of about 8 years with no stone unturned. I really drove that point home with them. I don't know if that helped my case, but I share that with you for what it is worth as you plead your cases as well. My prayer is that this opportunity will continue to open up to more and more people without so much stress and fight for people that are already living their lives in pain.

I'm going to try and post updates in the thread for people post surgery so that I can share my recovery and hopefully help others. I'm still pretty groggy and uncomfortable, so it may not be every day, but I really want to be of service where I can so I will try!

Thank you again for all of your well wishes!
Amy
2013-2014 Physical therapy 2X a week with dry needling/traction. Minimal relief.
2014- 2 surgeons recommend ACDF. It didn't sit well with me.
2014- Stem cell therapy. Temporary relief.
2015 ADR April 27!