View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 PM

I was shocked to read my medical records and reports recently (as I got them for my insurance appeal). The dr's had been acting like there was no way I could be hurting so bad, like I was crazy. Even though the MRI did show a tear, herniation at L4/5 (with nothing at any other levels, perfectly healthy; so it wasn't like all my levels were bad, just one). The diagnosis was DDD after Idet. They still had 'no idea' why I hurt so badly and referred me out.

Then I get to my new dr., they look at old MRI's and see DDD, and immediately suggest seeing a surgeon for ADR and order new MRI's with and without contrast. The surgeons, both suggest ADR and I have my second discogram. I finally have someone with compassion (although the pain management dr, not the surgeon, has not been to willing to adjust my medicine, since I have been hurting a lot more). I think that what Adrienne said plays a huge part in them not telling; but they should tell people and just explain that it is 'normal' and can or can not cause pain.