Thread: Hello Everyone!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:33 PM

Saw Roush from Lake Worth FL today at his Plantation office. Very nice guy - his PA said disc replacement with the pro disc (and said Roush has done thousands - probably exaggerated) but the doctor has the final answer. The doctor came in and said that in my case I could try a nerve block but it was probably not a solution. A fusion would be the best solution and a disc replacement was a distant option. He said don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest advocate for disc replacements. In your case the disc is compressed, there is a lot of arthritis and the disc would solve one problem but the facet joints would still rub and cause neck pain (seemed to be what Theofilos was saying too). He intimated that it would probably also be prone to wear and tear and probably eventually need fusion in 2-5 years because of its proximity to the fusion. Said I've done this before in rare cases and they need to resurgery. He also said that C-3/4 rarely blows out, has more height and this would be the last surgery you would probably ever have. (Sounded encouraging). So in the end I think I have my answer - two ADR guys said I'm not a candidate for ADR and my own surgeon said the same thing. I don't need to keep searching. Scheduled for the 16th of Jan for fusion with my original doc whom I really like and trust.

Take away? Wish I knew about ADR a year ago!!!
If you need an ADR surgeon in the USA - Roush is the guy. But he doesn't seem to take insurance and out of network is the only way he rolls as far as I know. Really liked this guy, appreciated his candor, his patience in explaining things to me. Lots of confidence and eager to keep up with the times and do what can be done to keep your movement. Unfortunately not for me.
Considering surgery soon to relieve a weak left shoulder/bicep from new herniation
Live in Paradise - Near West Palm Beach, FL