View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 06:26 PM

Hey everyone I need help desperately. I am looking for answers or solutions every where I can. It is such a general symptom, it is hard to find any useful info. For almost three months now, I have been dealing with extreme fatigue. When it started, I was on the same meds I had been on for years (fentanyl and percocet). I get so tired and I mean it is so bad that I have to find a place to lay down or I will fall over. It comes over me very suddenly. When it starts, I often sleep for 15 or more hours straight through. No one can wake me. I sometimes hear them, but cannot budge no matter how important it is for me to get up. I have gone for a couple days in a row - sleeping 16-17 hours and only being awake 7-8. I feel like I have been run over by a truck. Then I will feel normal for a few days and wham, it hits me again. Not only is it frustrating, but it is starting to scare me. I went to the doctor about 2 months ago. I was severely depressed - partly because of the chronic pain and frustration with conflicting diagnosis and opinions, but partly because of the fatigue. He figured the fatigue was actually a symptom caused by the depression and put me on anti d's. He put me on Effexor because he said it is somewhat stimulating, not sedating because I definetely didn't need to be sedated anymore. Well, my mood is better now and I don't feel as depressed, but this fatigue thing has not improved. Besides my pain meds, I take prilosec for a hiatal hernia, Super B Complex, B2, and Calcium regularly. I have a problem with no appetite and I don't eat properly (actually I never have). I make good food choices, I just don't eat often (usually once a day) or eat very much. I tried supplementing with nutritional drinks and that didn't seem to help. I am scheduled to see my PC again on the 12th. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this extreme fatigue or what I can do to help it? Please help.