Thread: Fusion surgery
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM

My MRI report reads: Grade 1 Spondylolisthesis. A portion of the disc at L4-L5 appears to be displaced posteriorly and posterior to the lower portion of the L4 vertebral body. This has minimal impression on the thecal sac. There are facet degeneration changes. (Impression) says: Grade 1 Spondylolisthesis at L4-L5 with broad based disc bulge. No significant stenosis.
This report is from a small town hospital that has had trouble acurately reading MRIs and Xrays. (They never have talked about the crack in my vertebrae (obviously to eye on images) and missed my sons broken ankle...but?!
I've had several opinions including meeting with Dr. Bierstedt in person and feel like they would all agree. I should clarify that my disc isn't "gone" like I had written in previous post, but badly degenerated(thinned way out and black on MRI.) You read such awful horror stories out there about after fusion. I'm mid 30's and don't feel like messing anything up any worse than what it is..I really appreciate this site..There's LOTS of info here..