View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Default Argh!

Cynthia, firstly I am so sorry to hear about your mother. This is a hard thing to deal with it any point in life, but I am sure it's especially difficult when you're going through all of this insurance ridiculousness AND on top of all this, you are in physical pain. I wish there were something I could do for you.

I spoke with the people at LDR yesterday (the company that makes the Mobi-C) to find out more about the marketing materials they would like to use me for. It sounds like they are looking for publicity for the discs in general (to get insurance companies to cover multiple level procedures more often) and also to support Dr. Peterson as THE Mobi-C surgeon in the country. Or at least that was my understanding from our [lengthy] conversation.

Since insurance isn't working out for you, maybe going the route of the disc manufacturer could work? I know this might be a complete shot in the dark, and I don't even know if they would be able to discuss this kind of thing with you. But they are really looking for miracle stories right now, and if you threw in Dr.Peterson's name (like you had heard success stories), maybe they would be willing to do something, or help in some way? Your "story" would be much more powerful than mine, given your long history, more complicated situation, and battles with insurance. Like maybe they or Austin Brain and Spine would pay for part of the procedure and follow-up if you agreed to participate in their marketing? A bit of a slippery slope, I know, but it could be worth at least trying.

I know that you are now looking at 3 levels and not 2, surgery in Europe, just a follow-up surgeon in the US, etc.. But it is the only suggestion I can possibly think of that is completely outside of the things you have tried.

Again, I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this right now!
2012-14 Right arm/shoulder/neck pain and numbness, headaches, and nerve pain gradually becomes debilitating. Medications ineffective and PT impossible due to pain. Old MRI re-read, diagnosis of C4-6 herniations.
Jan 2015 2 epidural spinal injections ineffective.
Feb 2015 2-level ADR C4-6 with Mobi-C with DrPeterson in Austin (approved by BCBSTX)
May 2015 Microdiscectomy for herniated L4/5
Oct 2015 L4/5 ESI ineffective, microdiscectomy "redo"